October 11, 2009
Ok folks! New pictures of the bike are finally here!!
Bontrager Race FlatTop Bars!
Bike as it is now
|Stinky cheesy painted MTB riser bars
||Bontrager Race FlatTop bars
|White MTB slide-on grips
||Yellow Specialized S-Wraps
|Cheesy Specialized three-speed
chainrings on a cheesy crank
|CPI Aluminum Cranks
So Leave some love peeps!
September 20, 2009
So as many of you know, I’ve been steadily working on my bike turning it into the glorious, smooth-riding, awe-inspiring fixie it was meant to be.
This is the first of many posts to come regarding Thor (yea, I know overused but I think it works for what im going for)
Anyway, so for those of you joining me on my quest today, I’ve started out with my dads old Specialized Hardrock Classic as the frame and foundation for the bike.
So far I’ve:
- Painted the frame black with hammered finish
- Painted stem and handlebars black hammered with white primer
- Taken off all unnecessary items from the handlebars (brakes/shifters)
- Put on white grips (super cool)
- Bought new crankset (unfortunately they are Octalink and the BB I had is a square taper so I’m screwed till i can find a 68×113 octalink BB)
Anyways, here’s a picture of it. Don’t judge it quite yet!
And here’s a picture of roughly what i want it to turn out like:
Not entirely sure about the drop bars but we’ll see as I get closer to that step. I just want to get it rideable asap which means new wheelset and BB…. oh and a chain tensioner… goody goody